Khao Soy Dai Kengtung (East Dai) by Nang Kham Kaw
Khao soy Dai Kengtung (East Dai)
1. 1 cup To nao (powder)
2. Sliced or ground/minced any kind of meat.
3. 1 lb tomatoes
4. 1 cup chopped shallots/onions
5. chopped ginger & garlic
6. Yellow curry/red curry powder (pong mint/ pit pong)
7. Sliced Pak mee and Pak Khee (long-stemmed onion and cilantro)
8. Kept Mu ( fried pork skin)
9. Sliced lemon/juice
10. Ground roasted pepper for the one who love spices.
11. For the best result boil neck bone or chicken parts or chicken bone for soup(large pot for E-group)
Heat a large skillet (large enough for E-group) add oil, pong mint first(yellow powder). Then fry the chopped ginger, garlic and onion until brown. Add red powder (pit pong) stir fast add tomatoes right away. Keep stirring tomatoes until cooked. It is important to make sure tomatoes are well cooked or the whole pot will smell of raw tomatoes.
Add To Nao Pon and stir for 1 min. Add sliced /ground meat and stir again (if you need help let us know) until it boils. Leave at Med Heat for 15/30 min. until the meat is well-cooked, all the water is dry, and only oil remains.
Add into the soup(No.11). After 15 min. it is ready to serve. Place the noodles in a bowl, add hot soup. Serve with Pak mee, Pakkhee, lemon juice, Pit pong as you desire and dip with Kept Mu (fried pork skin) Amm............Delicious!
[Addendum: also sprinkle crushed roasted sesame seed on the noodles]